PRIVACY NOTICEOasis Corporate Housing (Oasis) is a global provider of temporary furnished and all-inclusive rentals (Corporate Housing) for relocations, assignments and projects, entertainment companies on location, ALE / Insurance housing and individuals.
At Oasis, we are committed to working tirelessly towards maintaining our highly regarded and respected quality of service.
Our EU Representative / Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here;
This site is owned and operated by Oasis Corporate Housing. Your privacy is very important to us. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits this Web site or responds to Oasis Corporate Housing’s interactive advertisements. To help protect your privacy, we adhere to the following guidelines. Note: This policy applies only to this Web site. The following discloses our information gathering activities for this Web site only.
Oasis is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and our use of your personal information is governed by this Privacy Notice. On this site, “Oasis”, “our” and “we” each mean all the Oasis Offices, in the United States of America, Paris and London, which collect and use your information in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice.
Any reference to “you” or “your” refers to anyone whose personal information we process.
Our use of your personal data will be governed by this Privacy Notice.
Oasis is a Controller for the personal information that it collects and uses about you and a Processor for some data referred to us by a Third Party who you would have allowed or enabled to use your data for a lawful purpose. We will always treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation in all the countries that we operate in. Your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice explains;
- What personal information is
- How we collect your personal information
- The types of personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- The legal basis for processing your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- Overseas transfers of your personal information
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How to make complaints and how to contact us
If we need to change the way in which your personal information is used by us, this Privacy Notice will be updated and if the changes are significant, we will advise you.
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This could include information such as name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
Some personal information is classified as "special" data under data protection legislation. This includes information relating to health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or political opinions and sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive, and we need to have further justifications for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. There are also additional restrictions on the circumstances in which we are permitted to collect and use criminal conviction data.
Any references to personal information in this privacy notice will include personal data, and where relevant, special categories of personal data.
3. What personal information do we collect?
We will collect your full name and contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address) from you when you initially engage with us.
In addition, if we are providing a service to you, or on your behalf, where we are required to do so by law, we will collect information relating to your identity, which will be at least one form of photographic identification (such as a passport, a driving licence or an identification card) and one form of documentation with proof of your place of residence (such as a recent utility bill).
We may also confirm whether you have any relatives or close connections working at Oasis so that we can consider potential conflict of interests and if identified how to manage these in accordance with any statutory and regulatory obligations.
Depending on the service that we provide to you (or on your behalf) we may also collect additional personal information as detailed below;
Buy, Sell, Let, Rent
If you wish to rent or lease a property we are listing;
- Specific access requirements so that we can find a property that is suitable for your needs;
- Your bank / building / similar account details to allow us to manage an approved tenancy deposit account for you and to set up your rental payments;
- We may collect details of a Biometric residence card, your immigration status document and/or your birth certificate to carry out our required checks under this scheme.
Where we engage with you to manage property on your behalf we will ask for additional emergency contact information in case we need to get in touch with you outside of working hours or in the event there is a matter requiring your urgent attention. Where you engage us for portfolio management services we will share your personal information with third party lenders as is necessary to allow us to fulfil our obligations to you and to properly manage and advise you on your property investments.
Where you engage with Oasis or one of its subsidiaries as an individual investor we will collect information required to identify you to meet anti-money laundering, fraud and counter terrorist financing requirements. If the investor is an entity such as a company, trust or charity, we may need to collect personal information about the controllers and the beneficiaries of the entity.
If you subscribe to receive research, news or other market updates from us, then in addition to the above we will collect details about the sector in which you work and the type of content that you would like to receive.
4. How we use your personal information
What is the legal basis of our data processing?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
- For employment-related purposes;
- Where we need information to perform the contract we have with you or to provide a service for you;
- Where we are complying with a legal obligation;
- Where processing is required to carry out activities which are in Oasis' legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
- Processing that is needed for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns. This could include sending marketing information from time to time after you have engaged us to provide services or received services from us which may be similar and of interest to you or where you have expressly indicated that you would like to receive such information. You will always have a transparent right to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- Processing that is necessary to improve our knowledge of the real estate sector – this will include undertaking market analysis and research so that we better understand trends in our business sector and provide better knowledge along with more tailored and relevant services for our customers in the future.
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively – this will include: verifying the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer; processing for administrative efficiency purposes such as where we outsource certain administrative functions to third parties who are specialise in such services; processing for network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access or to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of any of your rights outlined below.
In more limited circumstances we may also rely on the following legal bases:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests); and/or
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
We may process special categories of personal information and criminal conviction information in the following limited circumstances:
- With your explicit consent, in which case we will explain the purpose for which the information will be used at the point where we ask for your consent.
How we use your personal information
For specific information on how your personal information will be used for the services you have requested from us, please select from any of the options below;
- We use your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you to let or rent a property for, or to, you. If you are a prospective tenant, tenant, or landlord, we may use your data for the purposes of arranging a contract to let, lease or rent to you, or for you;
- If you are renting a property we are acting as letting agents of, we may share your personal data with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property.
- Where we are managing property on your behalf we may need to pass your personal information from time to time on to third party contractors whom we have engaged to carry out maintenance on your properties;
- A list of these can be provided upon request by a data subject.
- Where you engage us for portfolio management services we will share your personal information with third party lenders as is necessary to allow us to fulfil our obligations to you and to properly manage and advise you on your property investments;
- Where you engage with Oasis we will collect and hold your personal data to maintain a register of investment holdings to comply with our Financial regulatory requirements in the respective country.
Other uses of your personal information
- We will share personal information with our regulators, governmental or quasi-governmental organisations, law enforcement authorities and with courts, tribunals and arbitrators as may be required from time to time to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations;
- Where we use third party services providers who process personal information on our behalf to provide services to us. This includes IT systems providers and IT contractors as well as third party referencing or screening agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime;
- We may share your personal information with any person working within the Oasis on a need to know basis to ensure we are able to perform our obligations to you;
- We will hold your personal information on our client management systems and use this to provide you with marketing information about similar services offered by Oasis to those which you have engaged us to provide which we feel you might find useful from time to time. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time.
What happens if you do not provide information that we request?
We need some of your personal information to perform the services you have requested from us. For example:
- where we are selling a property on your behalf we need to know your contact information so that we can update you with information on viewings, offers and the progress of the sale;
- where you have asked us to find you a property which meets certain access requirements, we may need to know some further details about your circumstances so that we can find you a suitable property.
We also need some information so that we can comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may need identity documents from you to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering.
If you do not provide the information required for these purposes, we will not be able to perform our contract with you and may not be able to provide services to you or continue to provide certain services to you. We will explain when this is the case at the point where we collect information from you.
5. How we keep your information secure
Whilst visiting our Site, certain information is automatically logged about how you are using our Site. This information includes the URL of the website which linked you to our Site, your IP address and the pages you visit while on our Site. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet. We keep a record of each user's activity by reference to the IP address of the Internet connection(s) they use to access our Site. These logs enable us to prevent users who breach our terms and conditions by refusing communications from their IP addresses to our Sites.
The security of information is very important to us and we have measures in place which are designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information including but not limited to:
- Our client files are stored on our secure client management systems. Access is restricted on our client systems to those within the business who are required to have access to your information for legitimate business purposes;
- Hard copy documentation is stored in locked cabinets.
All data is hosted in datacentres which have systems and protections in place to protect against both unauthorised access, and other external factors that could cause damage to, your personal data. There are strict access requirements in place and access is restricted to those necessary.
We ensure access to personal information is restricted to Oasis employees and workers or other persons working within the Oasis Companies on a need to know basis. Training is provided to any of those Oasis employees and workers who need access to personal information.
6. For how long, do we keep your personal information
The period for which we will keep your personal information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim.
7. Overseas transfers of your personal information
If you have provided your information in the UK, we may transfer, store, or process your personal information in locations outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). Our Head Office is in the United States of America and is registered under the Privacy Shield Scheme. Where the countries to which your personal information is transferred do not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of the UK, we would always advise you and ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
We’ll use one of these safeguards:
- Transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA. Learn more on the European Commission Justice website;
- Put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect it to the same standards as the EEA. Read more about this here on the European Commission Justice website;
- Transfer it to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the US and EU countries. It makes sure those standards are like what is used within the EEA. You can find out more about data protection on the European Commission Justice website.
8. Your rights in relation to your personal information
Oasis Corporate Housing does not collect "Personal Information" from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. We do not require you to register in order to use the Web site. We use the information supplied for the purpose of providing the services you've requested. This Web site will explicitly ask when it needs information that personally identifies our customers or allows it to contact our customers. This Web site may use Personal Information to operate the site, provide services, and to inform our customers of new features, services, and products.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal information;
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold;
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
- Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If Oasis is continuing to process personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected;
- If Oasis is relying on consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw consent;
- If Oasis is relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us to continue with the processing;
- If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation);
- If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- Personal information is inaccurate;
- Our processing of your personal information is unlawful;
- Where we no longer need the personal information, but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- Where you have raised an objection to our use of your personal information
- Request a copy of certain personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to personal information that you have provided to us that we need to perform our agreement with you and personal information where we are relying on consent to process your personal information;
- Object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your personal information; and
- Not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects, or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Complaints and Contact Details
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information, please contact the Customer Relations Officer at complaints@ who will try to resolve the issue. If we cannot resolve any issue, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in your country (the Information Commissioner in the UK). If you need more information about how to contact your local data protection authority, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit certain websites and allows a website to recognise a user's computer. Cookies are used to help users navigate websites more efficiently and to perform certain functions, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
What cookies do Oasis use?
The table below lists the cookies used by this website and provides a description of how each cookie works, clicking the '+' symbol will expand the box to give further explanation on each cookie. Where further information about a cookie exists on an external website a link has been provided under 'More information'.
How do I restrict or delete cookies?
Cookies that we use are essential for parts of the website to operate as effectively as possible and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this website, but please be aware that restricting or deleting cookies may impact on the functionality of the website.
Your web browser may allow you to restrict or delete cookies set by this website. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides general information about cookies and how you can manage cookies on your computer.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.